Check out this authentic Indian style Chicken Tikka Pizza that is spicy, cheese and simply yummy. You can now make this yourself at home without much ado and treat your family to an awesome homemade Pizza that is exactly the same that you would have eaten anywhere outside.
You would be able to make 4 Nos. of 6″ Pizzas with the below recipe. You can also make the Pizza base yourself at home with out easy homemade Pizza base without Yeast. Check out the recipe for the Pizza base here.
Chicken Tikka Pizza (Indian style)
- Frying Pan with Lid
- 350 gm Boneless Chicken (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Yogurt or Curd
- 3 Nos Medium sized Tomatos deseeded and pureed (approximately equal to 2 cups de-seeded tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 3 Cloves Garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup Onions (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated/shredded)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Capsicum (thinly sliced)
Additional Toppings (optional)
- 1/3 cup Olives
- 1/3 cup Pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp Oregano (for sprinkling on the top after cooking)
- 4 Nos Pizza Base (Check out our homemade Pizza Base Recipe)
Preparing the Chicken Tikka
- Take the Chicken pieces into a bowl. Put in the Yogurt (curd) + Garam Masala + Kosher Salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Take Oil into a Pan and toss the prepared Chicken for 5-8 mins.
- Remove the Chicken and keep it aside.
Preparing the Tomato Sauce
- Heat a pan on a medium flame. Add oil to the pan and let it heat slightly.
- Add the Garam Masala + Ginger + Chilli Flakes + Garlic and saute it for 1 minute.
- Add the pureed Tomato. Mix well and let it saute for 4 mins on a low flame.
- Add the Kosher Salt and Whipped Cream and cook further for a minute.
- Add the Chicken you have put aside and toss well for a minute.
- Your Chicken Tikka topping is ready.
Making the Pizza
- Take a flat & heavy bottomed Pan with a lid.
- Coat the pan with Olive oil. Use a brush to grease the pan well.
- Place the Pizza base in the pan. Make a few pricks on the base with a fork.
- Spread the Chicken Tikka onto the top of Pizza evenly.
- Top it with grated Mozzarella cheese and the Capsicum and other toppings (except Onions).
- Sprinkle a little Olive oil across the edge of the Pan.
- Cover the Pan with a lid and let it bake on a low flame for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top it now with Onions and let it cook for another 2 - 3 minutes on a low flame.
- Garnish with chopped Coriander after the Pizza is done.
- Use a Spatula to remove the Pizza from the pan and cut it with a knife or a Pizza cutter. Repeat the same with the other 3 Pizza bases. This preparation should be good enough for 4 x 6" Pizzas
- It is always good to top the Pizza with Onions after half of the cooking is done to prevent the onions from getting burnt.
- Use other toppings as necessary.
- You can arrange grated cheese around the outer edge of the Pizza base and fold the outer edge over the Cheese before cooking. This way, you can get a Cheese Burst Pizza.
- Some nice toppings are Olives, Pineapple chunks, Jalapenos, tomato skins.
- Use a spoon to shred the Chicken after cooking to create a shredded Chicken topping.
- Vegetarians can use paneer chunks instead of Chicken for a Vegetarian Pizza.