Two things that you have a lot of in India during Summers are Mangoes and well, Sun! And what goes best with both of them to chill you up – a glass of fresh Mango Lassi made with sweet ripe Mangoes and Yogurt!
Summer’s here and so are Mangoes and it’s now time to cool off with a refreshing, cold drink and we have just the idea for you, and a recipe – of course! Mango Lassi!! This is quick to make, cool on the stomach and both the kids and grown-ups will relish it alike!
- Mixer/ Grinder or Blender
- 2 cups Mango Pulp (2 Mangoes should give you 2 cups.)
- 2 cups Yogurt (Curd)
- 1 cup Milk (warmed and allowed to cool) (Milk can be substituted with water if required.)
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Pistachio or cashews to garnish (optional)
- Saffron strands to garnish (optional)
- To a large bowl, add the Mango pulp. Cut the Mangoes and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. You can use canned Mango pulp in case Mangoes are out of season.
- Add plain Yogurt + cold Milk + Sugar + Cardamom powder and blend everything in a Mixer/ Grinder or use a Hand-held Blender.
- Once well blended, place the Mango lassi into the Refrigerator to allow it to chill.
- Once ready, pour the Lassi into tall glasses and garnish with Pistachios/ Cashew and Saffron strands.
- Chill the Glasses in the fridge as well before pouring the Mango lassi.
- You can thin out the Lassi consistency as required. I prefer it to be thick though.
- Use Canned Mango pulp if Mangoes are out of season
- Grate a little Almond and ice-cream too on top as garnishing.