What is Brining? Brining is a process of ensuring that your Chicken is juicy and succulent by soaking it in Salt water along with a few spices. This ensures that your Chicken absorbs the salt water and makes it tender and juicy when you cook it by your preferred method. Though a Brine is just salt water, we always add a few spices to make the Chicken taste more delicious.
You just need to prepare the Brine solution as detailed in our method below and soak the Chicken in it as instructed before actually cooking your Chicken.
How to Brine Chicken
Why do you brine a Chicken? Check out our simple How-to-do for a Chicken Brine to render your Chicken to be juicy and tender.
- Large Pot
- 4 cups Water
- ½ cup Kosher Salt (Do not use Table Salt)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 3 Nos Bay Leaves
- 5 Nos Garlic Cloves (peeled & smashed)
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorn
- 3 tbsp Oil (Olive Oil is preferable)
- 2 Nos Lemon (sliced)
- 1 KG Chicken
- Take a large pot that is at least twice the volume of Water.
- Add the Water and all the ingredients into the Water and stir well.
- Bring the water to a Boil and let it boil for a minute so that the entire salt dissolves well.
- Remove from the stove and let it stand until the water is completely cooled to room temperature. Do not add the chicken until the water is completely cooled as warm/hot water may tend to incubate bacteria in the chicken.
- Add the Chicken to the cooled Brine (after water has cooled completely) and ensure that the Chicken is completely submerged in the water.
- Cover the Pot and refrigerate:2 hours for skinless breasts4 hours for pieces with bones4 hours to overnight for whole chicken
- Remove the Chicken from the Brine and rinse with cold water. Dry it well with Paper Towels.
- Proceed with cooking your Chicken as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!