What’s best in Summer other than chilling out with a Blue Lagoon in your hand? Well, there’s one thing.. Making it yourself and having it. Though traditionally a cocktail with Vodka in it – the Blue Lagoon is also modified for the Non-Alcoholic drinkers without adding the typical Vodka in this.
The best part about the Blue Lagoon is that it is not only refreshing and cool, but it is a beautiful looking drink with it’s typical blue color reflecting a deep pool (or lagoon). Prepare this for your guests to flaunt your bar-tending skills and catch their eye.
Blue Curacao Syrup |
One essential ingredient for the Blue Lagoon is the Blue Curacao Syrup. There are a lot of brands available on Amazon Shopping and you can choose one that you like. I had got myself the Mapro Citrus Blue Flavored Fruit Syrup.
This is a Gluten Free, Zero Trans Fat and Zero Cholestrol syryp. It has a thick consistency and a natural sweet taste that gives your Mocktail or Cocktail that distinctive taste and the Blue Lagoon the traditional delightful Blue color.
You can order this on Amazon India here.
Blue Lagoon Mocktail (Non-Alcholic)
- 2 Nos Lemon Rinds
- 10 Nos Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Juice
- ¼ cup Blue Curacao Syrup
- ¾ cup Soda or Sprite (depending on your taste preference)
- List of Ingredients
- Take the Mint leaves and muddle them. Muddling is slightly crushing the leaves with a muddler or the back of a spoon. This will gently release the flavor of Mint.
- Throw the Lemon rinds into a tall glass and add the crushed Mint leaves + Lemon Juice + Ginger Juice.
- Add ¼ cup of the Blue Curacao syrup.
- Top up the glass with Ice-cubes
- Now take ¾ cup of Sprite (or Soda) and pour it over the glass.
- Enjoy the refreshing, cool Blue Lagoon. Dish this out to your friends as well and thrill them!
Made this for my kids and they enjoyed it. They have been missing this as we stopped eating out due to the COVID situation. But,… Read more »
Fantastic drink! Loved it and it’s so simple. Blue Lagoon..