Who doesn’t love a plate of the 2-minute Maggi Noodle or the Yippee Noodles. It is every kid’s hottest snack in India and very easy to make as well. Not only kids, even Adults relish it – especially, Bachelors living in the cities on work and who depend on this for an evening meal.
Though it only takes a few minutes to cook (forget the 2-minute promise!), you can invest a couple of minutes more to make this wonderful snack even more delicious. This is easy to cook as well and gives it more taste and flavor.
Cheesy Maggie/Yippee Noodles
Are you having Maggi or Yippee noodles the old way? Try out this street fast food style Noodles with a little extra spice and taste.
- 4 pkts Maggi or Yippee Noodles (Taste would differ depending on which Noodles you are going to use.)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (substitute with normal oil if required)
- 4 Nos. Garlic Cloves - finely chopped
- 1 No Medium sized Onion - chopped finely
- 4 Nos. Green Chillies - finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Schezwan sauce
- Salt to taste
- 100 gms Grated Cheese
Prepare the Noodles
- Take 1½ times of the water specified on the Maggi or Yippee Noodles.
- Bring this to a boil and put the Noodles into the boiling water. Do not break the Noodle blocks. Keep the masala packs provided with the noodles aside. We will use them later
- Cook the Noodles upto 80% only. You can take a fork and pull up a strand of the noodle to check. Cooking the Noodles completely will break the strands when you are frying them later.
- Take a Colander and drain the water completely from the 80% cooked Noodles and keep it aside.
Cooking the Noodles
- Take a deep kadai (frying pan) and heat it. Keep the flame high and the pan is hot.
- Add 2 tbsp Olive oil and let it heat very well.
- Add the chopped Garlic and sauté for a few seconds until a nice aroma rises.
- Add the chopped Onions and sauté until the onions are brown.
- Add the chopped chillies and mix well and sauté for a 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add 3 tbsp of Schezwan sauce and stir well. Sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the Noodles masala powder (that was provided with the Noodles pack) and stir well.
- Now take the cooked & drained Noodles and add them to the Pan.
- Mix the Noodles well so that the gravy coats them completely. Make sure that you are gentle so that the Noodle strands do not break.
- Turn off the stove and separate the Noodles into 4 plates. Sprinkle the grated cheese equally on all the 4 plates. Serve hot!
- You can garnish with chopped Coriander if required.
- You can add chopped tomato too if you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Loved the taste. I am going to cook Maggi this way every time now. 🙂
I was bored with the old styled maggi, now this is exciting. Thanks!
Awesome taste. I used Maggie and the taste was excellent and spicy! My kids simply loved it.
This is damn good! 😛