The Madras Curry Powder is a traditional Masala Powder famous in the Southern part of India. This is a blend of roasted aromatic spices with a mild Chilli flavor that was originally blended for the British in the Madras Constituency in the 19th Century.
It is an aromatic Spice powder that is used in almost every curry – be it Chicken, Fish or Vegetable curry. You can buy the most famous Madras Curry powder from Amazon or just make it yourself at home.
We have the easy-to-make recipe for you below. But, if you prefer to order the famous Madras Curry Powder from Amazon, just check out the product below:
Madras Curry Power from Amazon
Note: We do earn a small affiliate fee from any products that you purchase on Amazon through our Website. This pays for a fraction of the cost of our hosting.
Madras Curry Masala Powder
- Fry Pan
- 6 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 6 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 tbsp Peppercorns
- 3 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 15 Nos Cardamom Pods
- 1 No 5 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 5 Nos Bay Leaves
- 3 Nos Star Anise
- 20 Nos Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 8 Nos Kashmiri dried Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Hot Chilli Powder
- Take a Frying Pan and dry roast each of the ingredients separately (except for Turmeric and Chilli powder) for until each of them gives out a nice aroma.
- Take the roasted ingredients into a plate and allow them to cool.
- Take the roasted ingredients into a Blender and grind them to a powder.
- Add the Chilli Powder and the Turmeric Powder and mix well.
- Store in a Air tight container and use within 3-4 months.