Banana Bread is a type of Bread (or more of a Cake!) made with mashed bananas. It tastes delicious and is spongy with a mild Banana flavor that is just yummy and you cannot stop eating just one!
This popular American recipe first appeared in the Pillsbury Recipe book back in 1933 and became more popular from 1950 onwards. It is made with All-Purpose Flour, Brown Sugar and mashed ripe bananas being the key ingredient. You now do not need to throw away those very ripe bananas. Just use them to make the Banana Bread.
If you have a Microwave Oven or a conventional oven, it is pretty easy. If you don’t just bake normally on the cooktop.
QUICK FACT: Did you know?
February 23rd is celebrated as the National Banana Bread Day in the US.
Yummy Banana Bread in the Microwave
Mashed Bananas, creamy butter, Brown sugar go together to make this awesome, spongy, delicious Banana Bread or Cake.
- Handheld Blender
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ cup Butter (unsalted) (softened to room temperature)
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Nos Eggs
- ⅓ cup Yogurt (Curd)
- 2 cups Mashed Bananas (use very ripe Bananas) (4-5 Bananas approximately)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup chopped Almonds and/or Cashewnuts
Preparing the Dry Ingredients
- Take 2 cups of the Flour and add 1 tsp Baking Soda + ¼ tsp Salt + ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder and mix well with a Whisk.
- Keep this aside for later use.
Preparing the Wet Ingredients
- Take a deep bowl and a Hand-held Blender.
- Add the Butter and the Brown Sugar to the Bowl and beat them well with the Blender until they are smooth & creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and keep beating the mixture with the Blender.
- Add ⅓ cup of Yogurt and mix well with the Blender.
- Take the mashed Bananas and add them to the mixture while continuously mixing with the Blender.
- Add 1 tsp of Vanilla extract and beat for a 3-5 minutes to create a frothy mixture.
Mixing the Wet and Dry Ingredients
- Now, take the dry ingredients kept aside (Flour mix) and add it to the wet ingredients in batches while continuing to blend with the blender slowly.
- Blend well so that no flour lumps are left. Do not over blend.
- Finally, add the chopped Almonds and Cashews and mix with a spatula.
Setting up the Baking Pan
- Take a square Baking pan and grease it with a little butter.
- Sprinkle a little flour on top of the greased pan.
- Pour the prepared Batter slowly into the Pan.
- Tap lightly so that the Batter is settled properly. You can sprinkle a few chopped almonds and cashews if required on the top.
- Pre-heat the Microwave oven to 180° C
- Place a small rack (if available) and place the Baking Pan on the rack.
- Use the Convection mode to bake the Cake. Bake at 180° C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the Baking Pan and cover it with an Aluminium foil and Bake again for another 6 minutes. The Aluminium foil prevents the Cake/ Bread from over browning on the top.
- Test with a Tooth-Pick, When punched into the cake and pulled out, it should come out clean without any batter sticking to it. If it is still sticking, you can bake for another couple of minutes. But, take care that it doesn't get burned.
- Remove and let it cool on a rack.
- Cut and serve. This is good for 2-3 days if kept outside and a week if kept in the Refrigerator.
For the LG Microwave (Baking part only)
- I take great pride in providing instructions for the LG Microwave separately as there are in-built Menus that I use specifically while cooking on the Microwave.
- Select the Kid's Menu on the LG Microwave and rotate the dial to select the bA5 category. Select the 'Start' button.
- Allow the Pre-Heat Process to complete and after it ends and beeps, place the Pan on the low rack and press 'Start' again.
- Allow the baking to complete.
- Remove the pan and cover it with an Aluminium foil and bake again for 6 minutes. Press the Convection mode at 180° C and select 6 minutes to bake.
You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Nice taste and easy to bake. Tried it out.