Peri-Peri (also known as Piri-Piri), is a traditional spice mix originally from Portugal and Spain. It was originally used to spice up barbeque food. But, in recent days, this is one of the most sought-out spice mix for French Fries and there is no one who doesn’t love Peri Peri with their French Fries or Chicken Nuggets.
Peri Peri is a spice blend of Chilli powder, Oregano, Ginger and Garlic powders and other spices that gives out a spicy taste to French Fries, Chicken Nuggets, Popcorn and other Fried or grilled food.
The cost of a Peri Peri mix is a little on the high side, but you can now make this yourself at home at a much lower cost and it hardly takes a couple of minutes to get this dished out.
Peri Peri Masala at Home
- Nothing 🙂
- 4 tsp Oregano Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes (dried)
- 5 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 4 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 1½ tsp Black Salt
- 1 pinch Salt (adjust as per taste)
- Take a Mortar Pestle and hand-grind the Oregano Powder and the Red Chilli flakes into a coarse powder.
- Add this to a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients to it and mix well.
- Your Peri-Peri Masala is now ready. Store in an air-tight container and if you store in the Refrigerator, you can use this for 1 month.
- Sprinkle on French Fries or Chicken Nuggests or Popcorn and taste the difference.
- You can use to spice up any snack food.