Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice – that gives you the taste of a restaurant fried rice at home and is a hot, spicy Chinese fried rice cooked with Schezwan sauce, spices and tender boiled chicken pieces. This is a simple-to-cook recipe that you can make yourself right at home and kids would love it.
You can purchase Schezwan Sauce from your local grocery store or check out our easy recipes for making the Schezwan sauce at home. You can use normal rice to prepare this, but I always prefer Basmati rice or the long-grained rice for its rich flavor and look. We did use MSG or Ajinomoto in this recipe, but that is entirely optional if you do not like to use MSG.
Check out some good Schezwan sauces for your recipes on amazon here: https://amzn.to/3s89KKP
Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice
- 300 gms Chicken (Boneless)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 6 Nos Eggs
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (chopped)
- 1 No Onion - small (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Beans (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Carrot (chopped)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt (adjust as per taste)
- ½ tsp Ajinomoto or MSG
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1¼ tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- Take 6 Nos of Eggs and make Scrambled Eggs in a Frying pan with ½ a teaspoon of Oil.
- Keep the Scrambled eggs aside.
- Take 300 gms of Boneless Chicken and cut them into small ½ inch pieces.
- Add ½ tsp of Salt and ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric to the Chicken and mix well
- Boil enough water in a pan. The Chicken pieces should immerse well in the quantity of water taken.
- Add the Chicken pieces to the boiling water and boil for a couple of minutes until the Chicken is boiled and soft.
- Keep the boiled Chicken aside.
- Take a large Frying pan and heat 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Add 1 tsp of chopped Garlic and 1 tsp of chopped Ginger and sauté for a few seconds until the Garlic gives a nice aroma.
- Add the chopped Onion and sauté for a minute until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the chopped Green Beans and chopped carrot and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ½ teaspoon of Black Pepper powder + ½ teaspoon of Red Chilli powder + 1 teaspoon of Salt + ½ teaspoon of Ajinomoto (MSG) and mix well.
- Add the boiled Chicken pieces + 1 teaspoon of Soya sauce + 1 teaspoon of Vinegar and mix well so that the chicken pieces are coated well with the sauces.
- Add 1¼ tbsp of Schezwan sauce and mix well. You can adjust the Schezwan sauce by adding more or less as per your spice taste and the brand of Schezwan sauce you use.
- Now add the cooked rice and toss everything in the pan to have the rice well coated with the spices.
- Add the scrambled eggs (kept aside) and toss well.
- Check the taste now and add Salt and Pepper as required.